Friday, October 17, 2008

A Season of Change

As a I look outside and see the beautiful colors and the colder temperatures, I enjoy the change of seasons, but in my own life, change is harder. Each time one of my girls left home it was a change in our family forever as I knew it would never be the same. But with that hard change has come many blessings far surpassing that loss. Our sons-in-law are such a blessing in so many ways and then of course, the real blessing: Our sweet, wonderful grandchildren.
There is another change in the horizon for me. My 21 year-old-son is moving out of the little apartment behind our house to be out totally on his own. I knew it was coming, but the twinge is still there. Another change to the family and it will not be the same again. I keep thinking that it is not a big deal but the tears are still coming. I know that with this loss will come blessing in some form, because my Lord is so faithful to take care of me, like a mother takes care of her child.

As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you. Isaiah 66:13a

I have so many things to be thankful for. My son is serving the Lord and is a thoughtful young man. It is that season in life and I have to give in to it and find the blessing through it. Oh yes, back to those blessed, lovable grandchildren...!

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other, wings. -Hodding Carter

No comments: