Monday, October 20, 2008

Me... Be Still?!

As I was having my quiet time this morning, I kept getting distracted by all the things I wanted to accomplish today and as I sat looking out the window at my fall display, the Lord spoke to about stillness, not even moving, and just resting in Him, kind of like this scarecrow! ;)

I remembered Psalm 46:10,

"Be still and know that I am God"

He will help me accomplish those things that He has determined for me to do, but only if I am completely and totally leaning on Him and quieting my heart before Him.

"In his heart a man plans his course,

but the Lord determines his steps."

Proverbs 16:9

May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be confident knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.
Saint Theresa's Prayer

No comments: