Friday, October 24, 2008

Friends are the Family I get to Choose! :)


FRIENDS

I have several friends in my life that are so special to me. One of them is my friend, Lisa. We have shared many things together; working out until we're groaning and don't feel like moving, going to Boise to see Chicago in concert, acting and singing in the musical "GODSPELL" together, and a road trip to the Shakespeare festival in Ashland.

Here in this photo, Lisa and I are at the corn maze at River Rock Ranch in New Plymouth.

Friends are important in our lives and we usually choose friends that have similar interests and with whom we get along great with and enjoy being with, but have you noticed that it's easier to get along with friends, not get feelings hurt as easily, and be able to just drop the friendship if the relationship becomes too difficult.
FAMILY

God chose our family even if we didn't and it is for our good!! Family is sometimes more trouble than friendship, but those troubles and challenges can be effective in directing us to the feet of Jesus. We are more likely to be changed for the good as long as we are seeking the Lord and His will for our lives, and we will also be more effective in reaching the lost.

"Then will I purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of the Lord and serve him shoulder to shoulder"

Zephaniah 3:9

I have been blessed with a wonderful family and also priviledged to live close to most of them, but I also know I have grown because of my relationship with them, so thank you Lord, for Friends and Family!! I need them and love them both so much!!

"How good and
pleasant it is when brothers can live together"

Psalm 133:1


No comments: